PRoject for Internships in Management of Export
Title: PRoject for Internships in Management of Export
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action: Mobility of learners and staff
Action Type: VET learner and staff mobility
National Agency: INAPP (ex ISFOL)
Project n. 2017-1-IT01-KA102-005864
Sending organisations (VET Schools): 5
Learners participant: 100
Country involved: Italy, Malta, UK
Project Total Duration (Months): 24
Project Start Date: 01/06/2017
Project End Date: 31/05/2019
Applicant oganisation on behalf of the National Mobility Consortium: Istituto di Istruzione Secondaria Superiore “G. Colasanto”
The project PR.I.M.E. is promoted by a National Mobility Consortium composed of 16 partner organisations:
– Five VET Schools from the Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani take part in the project as sending partners. The VET School I.I.S.S. Colasanto is both sending partner and applicant organisation, as well as the lead body of the National Mobility Consortium;
– Eleven intermediary organisations, among which: five companies (Lula Consulting, Future Centre, Megamark, Terme di Margherita di Savoia, Zingrillo), three local authorities (the Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani – which, a part from itself, also represents Andria and Barletta JobCenters in the project – the Municipality of Andria and the Municipality of Trani), three umbrella organisations representing small and medium enterprises (Sistema Impresa BAT Foggia, CNA BAT, Confartigianato Barletta).
The hosting partners are Malta Vocational Centre in Malta and Tellus Group in United Kingdom (Plymouth). The transnational partnership is thus composed of a total amount of eighteen partner organisations from three countries (Italy, Malta and UK).
The beneficiaries of the professional path promoted by the project are one hundred recent graduates, selected in the five sending VET Schools. The project entails a three month mobility abroad. The project aims to reach two objectives:
– Promoting employment of newly graduates through a professional path, which may turn into a profession for life, that supplements the Learning Outcomes reached during the five years of VET School with updated competencies left out of school education (yet in continuity with it) and meeting the specific professional needs of the companies operating in export management;
– Meeting the potential growth of the labour market and feeding it by making available qualified human resources.
The accounting officer with export competencies – which represents the professional objective of the project – is responsible for preparing the balance sheets and ensuring accounting of economic and financial transactions, for drawing up the annual financial statements of the companies and dealing with negotiations and managing financial transactions.
The peculiar needs of the actual development of the Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani – structured in a solid handicraft and semi-industrial sector, which, in the last few years, has highly developed – require a combination of skills typically found in multiple professional profiles. In fact, every company of the Province needs basic accounting but the same companies are now developing towards foreign demand and require other skills as well. There is a new need of professional figures who can speak the language of foreign accounting and whose skills go beyond those of traditional accounting. Such professional figures could support from the inside companies who want to reach or expand in foreign markets.
Due to the definite employment purpose of the project, the chosen sending partners are VET Schools whose education is consistent with the identified professional figure. To optimize the intersection between supply and demand of labour market, the professional training has been developed on the basis of:
– The analysis of the labour market of the Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani and of its perspectives of opening-up to the Maltese and British markets;
– The meeting of supply (professional qualifications needed by the sending VET Schools) and demand (professional roles necessary for national and foreign partner organisations);
– The analysis of the Regional Directory of Professional Qualifications.
The transnational partnership aims at achieving three macro-objectives:
– Equipping all participants with preparatory training before the mobility, that will allow them to fully absorb the skills they will acquire during the three months of VET learners traineeships in companies abroad;
– Facilitating the access to the European labour market for new graduates through experience, professional skills and competencies acquired during the long-term traineeships in foreign companies, which will provide an opportunity to build direct relationships with local employers;
– Guaranteeing the continuity of the PR.I.M.E. project making sure it has long lasting and sustainable benefits even after its completion, through: 1) a Dissemination Plan of the project’s outcomes that takes advantage of the opportunities offered by the broad national and international networks and its promotional channels; 2) the organization of a job event in which new graduates of the sending Schools can meet national and international companies, umbrella organizations representing small and medium enterprises, Job-Centers and local authorities.